Laser dentistry is an excellent fit with our natural, holistic, gentle, comfortable, and painless approach to dental services at Natural and Cosmetic Dentistry in Clearwater, Florida, where we use the LightWalker® by Fotona.
Laser procedure basics
While lasers have advanced tremendously in recent decades, all systems are based on similar principles. The laser device is directed precisely toward the treatment area when in a qualified and skilled provider’s hands, like Dr. Carlson. The light from the laser beam generates energy and heat, which may remove or reshape tissues.
In dentistry, laser systems may be used to “assist” with a range of treatments. For instance, dental lasers can:
- Remove decayed tissues without the use of the dental drill
- Conservatively remove diseased gummy tissue
- Recontour gums for smile enhancement
- Abrade excess tissue and correct gingival overgrowth
- Disinfect the teeth and gums
- Reduce periodontal pockets that form between the teeth and gums
- Prepare for restorative dental work, including implants
- Minimize tooth sensitivity
- Treat sleep apnea by tightening the tissues that block the airway
- In addition, much more!
Laser-assisted treatments are non-invasive and conservative. Lasers eliminate or minimize the need for invasive techniques and instruments, ranging from cutting scalpels to dental drills. As such, lasers are appropriate for patients with fear or anxiety over conventional dental tools and approaches. These advanced systems do away with many familiar sources of apprehension or phobia in their more extreme form. Fear over the sensation and noise of the drill or the sight and numbing associated with anesthetic needles and shots keeps many patients away from the treatments and care they need to stay healthy.
Due to the non-invasive nature of lasers, treatment is well tolerated. Patients may not require an anesthetic to retain their comfort. Laser-assisted dentistry is also precise. So, healthier, natural tissue is preserved. Patients spend less time in the dental chair because lasers facilitate quick treatment. Additionally, laser dentistry supports natural and nutritional healing. Post-treatment side effects, such as discomfort and bleeding, are further minimized.
Shedding light on the LightWalker®
As with other laser systems and brands, the LightWalker® comes in both soft and hard tissue devices for gums and oral mucosa and teeth and bone, respectively. Treatment can further be customized with the system’s modes and accessories. Customized treatments support the most comfortable and safe experience, as well as optimal treatment outcomes.
LightWalker® lasers also feature several unique characteristics, including:
- Patented Quantum Square Pulse mode to minimize the light from scattering, which allows for better interaction between the laser and the tissues, and promotes fast, precise treatment.
- Proprietary Variable Square Pulse technology allows for highly adjustable, controlled treatment by avoiding the unnecessary absorption of generated energy into the tissues.
- Energy monitoring, high peak power, advanced handpieces, and other features also make for a technology that treats a versatile range of conditions and does so in a highly safe, targeted, comfortable, low-risk, efficient, and customizable way.
We encourage you to contact Natural and Cosmetic Dentistry today. While we are glad to provide a glimpse into our unique technologies and approaches, nothing beats experiencing these positive differences and benefits for yourself. Call us at 727-888-6523 to schedule your appointment.
We look forward to meeting you!