Crooked teeth, gaps or crowding, or bite issues (such as an overbite or underbite) are all common problems that people have with their teeth, but common or not, they can still prevent you from wanting to share your smile. If you find that you hide your smile due to these types of issues but dread the thought of metal braces, then Invisalign® treatment may be perfect for you! At Natural & Cosmetic Dentistry in Clearwater, FL, our dental team offers patients these innovating teeth straightening aligners so they can not only start feeling confident about their smile, but also enjoy the health benefits of straight teeth.
Why straighten your teeth?
Straight teeth don’t just look great – they also serve an important role in your overall oral health. When your teeth are straight and your jaw is properly aligned for a natural bite, it offers many benefits:
- You are better able to take care of your teeth and gums at home by brushing and flossing since there are fewer overlapping or hard-to-reach areas
- Your airflow is improved, reducing the potential for issues such as obstructive sleep apnea
- The chance of having issues with your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) is reduced, which can prevent many unpleasant symptoms such as headaches, jaw and ear pain, and more
- Your chewing surfaces are increased and therefore you are better able to chew and digest your food, positively impacting your digestive health
How Invisalign clear aligners work
Invisalign is a revolutionary technology that has truly transformed how patients straighten their teeth. Invisalign treatment consists of a set of invisible aligners that you wear over your teeth. Every two weeks, you switch out your aligners for a new set, as they gradually use a subtle force to shift your teeth into the proper positions. Patients love Invisalign for many reasons:
- It is discreet – no unsightly metal brackets and wires
- The aligners are easily removable, which means that you can eat whatever you want with no restrictions or worry about popping off brackets with chewy or crunchy foods
- You can maintain better oral hygiene because you don’t need to floss and brush around braces
- The aligners are comfortable and do not cause irritation or sores like metal brackets can
- It is versatile – in many cases, you can use Invisalign for gaps, crowding, misalignment, overbite, underbite, and more
- Invisalign treatment can often take less time than traditional braces, with an average treatment time of 12 months
It is important to understand that Invisalign treatment is not right for everyone. In more severe cases of misalignment, gapping, crowding, and bite problems, traditional orthodontic approaches may be more appropriate and help you better achieve your cosmetic and oral health goals.
Don’t let your smile hold you back
The Invisalign process starts with an initial consultation, during which one of our dentists will evaluate your teeth and discuss what you’d like to change about them to determine whether you are a good candidate. If you are, we will take 3D impressions of your mouth and use advanced computer technology to show you what your results will look like – before you even begin your treatment! We will also discuss the health benefits of a straight smile and proper bite, and answer any questions that you may have.
Stop hiding your smile and take the next step towards the beautiful, straight teeth you have always wanted. Call Natural & Cosmetic Dentistry in Clearwater, FL today at 727-888-6523 to learn more about Invisalign and what it can do for your smile.