Crooked teeth, gaps or crowding, or bite issues (such as an overbite or underbite) are all common problems people have with their teeth but expected or not, they can still prevent you from wanting to share your smile. If you find that you hide your smile due to these types of issues but dread the thought of metal braces, then the Invisalign® treatment may be perfect for you! At Natural & Cosmetic Dentistry in Clearwater, Florida, our dental team offers patients these innovative teeth straightening aligners to start feeling confident about their smile and enjoy the health benefits of straight teeth.
Why straighten your teeth?
Straight teeth don’t just look great; they also serve an essential role in your overall oral health. When your teeth are straight, and your jaw is correctly aligned for a natural bite, it offers many benefits:
- You can take better care of your teeth and gums at home by brushing and flossing since there are fewer overlapping or hard-to-reach areas.
- Your airflow is improved, reducing potential issues such as obstructive sleep apnea.
- The chance of having issues with your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) is reduced, preventing many unpleasant symptoms such as headaches, jaw and ear pain, and more.
- Your chewing surfaces are increased; therefore, you are better able to chew and digest your food, positively impacting your digestive health.
How Invisalign® clear aligners work
Invisalign® is a revolutionary technology that has transformed how patients straighten their teeth. Invisalign® treatment consists of invisible aligners you wear over your teeth.
They gradually use a subtle force to shift your teeth into the proper positions. You switch out your aligners for a new set every two weeks or as directed by your dentist or orthodontist.
Patients love Invisalign® for many reasons:
- It is discreet – no unsightly metal brackets and wires
- The aligners are easily removable, which means that you can eat whatever you want with no restrictions or worry about popping off brackets with chewy or crunchy foods
- You can maintain better oral hygiene because you don’t need to floss and brush around braces
- The aligners are comfortable and do not cause irritation or sores as metal brackets do
- It is versatile – in many cases, you can use Invisalign for gaps, crowding, misalignment, overbite, underbite, and more
- Invisalign® treatment can often take less time than traditional braces, with an average treatment time of 12 months depending on your case
It is vital to understand that Invisalign® treatment is not suitable for everyone. In more severe cases of misalignment, gapping, crowding, and bite problems, traditional orthodontic approaches may be more appropriate and help you better achieve your cosmetic and oral health goals.
All you need to know about Invisalign® - Natural and Cosmetic Dentistry
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is the process of wearing clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. There is no metal, no wires!
An advanced material called SmartTrack® is used by Invisalign to place gentle and effective force on your teeth to move them into the optimal position.
What are the dental issues Invisalign can correct?
Invisalign® is a great solution for the following issues,
• Crooked teeth
• Mild gaps between teeth
• Overcrowded teeth
Why should anyone choose to do Invisalign®?
Over time, overcrowded areas can accumulate plaque that causes cavities or an oral infection to develop. When the teeth are put into their proper positions thanks to Invisalign® you can clean your mouth much more thoroughly, helping you achieve and maintain optimal oral health.
How long does Invisalign® treatment take?
Depending on the complexity of the case treatment can take as little as 6 months. However, you can start seeing the results in a matter of weeks!
Invisalign® Treatment and iTero Scanning at Natural and Cosmetic Dentistry
[Background music playing…]
Don’t let your smile hold you back
The Invisalign® process starts with an initial consultation, during which one of our dentists will evaluate your teeth and discuss what you’d like to change about them to determine whether you are a good candidate. If you are, we will take 3D impressions of your mouth and use advanced computer technology to show you what your results will look like before you begin your treatment! We will also discuss the health benefits of a straight smile and proper bite and answer any questions you may have.
iTero® and Invisalign®
When it’s time to take impressions of your mouth, we will take 3D impressions using the iTero® scanner, effectively replacing the need for uncomfortable PVS impressions. Using the state-of-the-art iTero® Intraoral Scanner, we are not only able to take current scans of your teeth but will also be able to show you what the results will look like at the end of your treatment cycle. You will be able to see these 3D computer images at your initial appointment before they are sent to an off-site lab, where your clear plastic aligners will be created. iTero® digital scans are incredibly precise and more accurate than traditional molds made of plaster. Other benefits of iTero® include:
- Faster creation time for your Invisalign clear aligners
- Interactive three-dimensional capabilities
- Lab integration with Invisalign
- Reduced treatment time
Stop hiding your smile and take the next step towards getting the beautiful, straight teeth you have always wanted. Call Natural & Cosmetic Dentistry in Clearwater, Florida, today at 727-888-6523 to learn more about Invisalign® and what it can do for your smile.