Silver Mercury Fillings

Do you have amalgam or “silver” fillings? Many people are unaware that these fillings actually contain about 50 percent mercury amongst other heavy metals. Mercury can have a tremendous impact on your current overall health, your future health, and even the environment. Here’s what you need to know about silver mercury fillings.

How They Affect Your Health

Mercury poisoning is a very serious health condition, and it is entirely possible with silver mercury fillings. Almost any kind of stimulation of the filling can release mercury into the body. Eating, drinking, brushing, flossing, grinding the teeth, chewing gum, or anything else that touches the filling can release the mercury into your body.

It doesn’t take much mercury to cause a poisoning effect. The mercury causes psychological and neurological symptoms. It also weakens the immune system, making you more susceptible to other illnesses. Mercury is a reproductive toxin, which means that it will affect your unborn baby if you are pregnant. In fact, mercury poisoning in an expectant mother can cause brain development problems in the fetus.

Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning

Mercury can affect almost any organ in the body, which means that there are over 250 known symptoms of mercury poisoning. With dental fillings, most of the mercury is absorbed by the lungs, while it may also affect the brain, kidneys, liver, or gastrointestinal tract. Some of the most common symptoms are:

  • Loss of appetite
  • General weakness and fatigue
  • Skin changes
  • Cognitive impairments such as memory loss
  • Headaches
  • Insomnia
  • Mood swings or mood changes
  • Weight loss
  • Respiratory problems

If you have these or any other symptoms of mercury poisoning, you should consult with your doctor for solutions to detox from the mercury. It is also important that you have the silver mercury fillings safely removed from your mouth. If you have silver mercury fillings that you want removed, contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.

Back to Blog Page

Success Stories

Beth R.

Beth R.

Google Originally Posted on Google

Got my retainers on this visit!!! YAY!!! Love the finished product of my Invisilign treatment! And my new bridge looks wonderful and so natural! Love this place! Dr. Amber is delightful as well as all the staff!!

scroll up

New Patients: 727-888-6523

Existing Patients: 727-888-6523